DeSmuME 0.9.7 released!

These bits may seem a bit stale to those of you who have been watching our SVN, as they were made in November 2010. Sorry it took so long to get released. A lot of testing and laziness were involved.

This version brings with it the usual assortment of core, graphics, and frontend fixes. Compatibility improvements are numerous, but there is a long way to go still.

Please note that a super OSX buildmaster would be a welcome addition to our team, as it is not really our area of expertise and continually gets short-changed due to lack of attention…

* edit (04-feb-2011) – the NOSSE2 build is posted
* edit (06-feb-2011) – the NOSSE2 build is re-posted since the previous one was a total fail.
* edit (30-apr-2011) – the OSX build is posted

262 Responses to “DeSmuME 0.9.7 released!”

1. zeromus says:

try more sound options. shut up isnt an option, its a panic switch

2. jimmy says:

can i save pokemon mystery dungeon explorer of sky using this new desume???

3. xangua says:

@jimmy i can’t D:

4. Chaos says:

oh man i though the next update would feature local wireless communication for trading lolz,BUT WHO CAREZZZZZ!!!!
    As always super awesome dwesome job team
    go team desmume go

5. lee says:

@zeromus: can you teach me some sound options that work best in playing golden sun dark dawn? i didnt know that shup up is a panic switch. the screeching is still there if shut up mode isnt activated. any help on these? tnx a lot.

6. Stick says:

An option to have the two screens as seperate windows would be awesome, as I have multiple monitors and would love to have one on each.

7. jimmy says:

@xangua, i saved using save state as. cause desmume save will hang..lols

8. angel says:

looking forward to the OS X build, thanks for your awesome work ;D

9. Will says:

hey Lee, Im not zeromus or anything, but why dont you try checking all your options? You ever use the toolbar on Microsoft Word?. Just look, youll find it. Use common sense.(Try sound settings) BTW you guys kick ass. You guys get wifi and/or trading up for my Pokefreakness, I will donate. For sure. I just actually found this.

10. lee says:

@zeromus: i already tried lots of sound options but the screeching is till there! cant hear the background music and sound effects of golden sun dark dawn. help on these matter please. tnx.

11. Lex says:

great job!
    keep it up!

12. Pokefan999 says:

lee,

Config -> Sound Settings -> check “Advanced SPU Logic (reboot game after changing)” -> close emulator -> start Desmume again & play game

13. raine says:

dementium 2 still not working… but there is an improvement and now it says “corrupt save file”. by the way thanks for the release… hope in the next patch it fix a lot of bug.

14. Mr Stealthy says:

Nice, you guys are my heroes for this release!

15. aj says:

it said it ran out the sec i got it

16. aj says:

someone plzzzzz help me

17. Massimow says:

Hey, I really like DeSmuME! =)
    I wanted to offer you guys my help; I could translate the GUI into German if you are interested :)

Greetings

18. LaNce21 says:

i wonder when ver 9.7 would be released for mac..
    anxiously waiting.. :D must be pretty tough work though.. :D ^ ^ Ganbatte neh!

19. Happy says:

I didn’t know where to ask about this so i am posting it here.

I heard about a software called “Game Booster” which seems to help play games on PC a bit much better than normal.

Now what i wanted to know is that would this software help in anyway to improve the performance of DeSmuME emulation or is this only usable for PC only games.

20. HikariKyuubi says:

Zeromus, I’d like to add one wee bit of info. You gotta delete the old INI file from previous versions of Desmume or else games crash on load.

• zeromus says:

Hikari, only if you have an oddly setup ini file and don’t understand path configurations. Nobody “gotta” delete anything.

21. Nut says:

Hey do you know that in this version you can now save in Pokemon Black/White?
    I think you can’t save in 0.9.6 or lower.
    Also I tried playing Pokemon White and hadn’t experience any freezes unlike in Heart Gold.

22. Ubuntu10 says:

Is this available for us Linux Ubuntu users? If it is can someone send me the D/L link since I do not know which one to download… email me at james@fog4u.com

23. lee says:

@zeromus: i already tried to reset the game after i changed the sound configs but the screeching is still there when im playing golden sun dark dawn.

24. lee says:

@Pokefan999: I will try that advanced SPU logic if it works. I’ll send my feedbacks if the screeching is still there. tnx.

25. lee says:

@Pokefan999: thanks a lot man! I tried what you suggested and the game sounds good. I could hear the sound effects and the background music at the same time. No need to put ds emu on shut up mode. Thanks a lot man!

• zeromus says:

thank goodness pokefan was here to save you from having to try all 6 sound options. that would have taken a million years

26. unitard says:

games are quite laggy on my laptop even after adding action replay codes, updating to new 0.9.7 version, using windows update, updating my drivers, etc. etc. etc.
    my laptop is a dell latitude c840. with 1gb ram and a pentium 4 2ghz processor running xp sp3.. yeah, its like 5 years old!

so i went on my newer compaq presario desktop with ati radion 128 mb graphics card and 1gb ram with anthlon 2ghz processor running windows 7 and i cant get DeSmuME to run, task manager shows the process is running but the file wont open.. any suggestions?

27. Perfect says:

Thanks so much!

28. lee says:

@zeromus: tnx also for the tips and help. Hope you could make a 3DS Emulator in the future. More power to DESMUME!

29. reloaded90 says:

thanks friend..and good job..and i miss u all..upupupuupup

30. guest86 says:

@unitard

Try turn your Windows 7 Aero theme off, because Windows 7 use 128 MB from your video card to drain all memory out. You need turn Aero theme off to reduce memory from 128 MB into 1 MB and will able to run emulator. Look at your memory ram – 1 GB is use all by Windows 7, you need upgrade to 2 GB or bigger will able to run emulator. Windows 7 use up to 1 GB of RAM.

I know Compaq computer is bad, my friends told me about it. Get faster computer like budget about $500 or higher. Never buy computer at price $400 or lower due to very low performance can cause problems for games.

Windows XP never waste everything on memory RAM and Video card, that good enough. Windows XP use up to 256 MB RAM and 1 MB of video card memory. Windows XP is very smart and people who are gamer to play all games without problems. No issues at all. :)

My computer DELL is 10 years old and running Desmume 0.9.7 emulator just fine on Windows XP, Pentium 4 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM @ 133 MHz, Nvidia FX 5600 256 MB (6 years old video card with heatsink, and no fan). Most seem fine, but few games get slow down due to slow processor or video card. Not bad for my older computer! On December 2011, happy birthday 11 years old to my older DELL Dimension 4300 desktop computer! Still stronger and solid computer made by DELL company. Go DELL!!! LOL! :-D

Can’t wait to see Desmume emulator will add support to 3DS games like .3ds file format. I guess Desmume emulator 1.0.0 will be first to support 3DS games. People must have computer use Dual core to play 3DS games. Quad core is not needed, because Dual core is very popular right now. I have 2 DELL desktop computers have Dual Core will able to run 3DS games. :)

I will buy Windows 7 Service Pack 2 come with brand new desktop computer have Quad core or Six core or Eight core. I must save my money for new computer in next year or 2013. I keep eye on Google news for more news about Windows 7 SP2 or Windows 8 and new hardwares.

31. Nut says:

DeSmuMe runs find with aero theme turned on. Tested with Pokemon Black, White and Heart Gold.
    Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHZ, 3GB ram, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1, Nvidia GForce 8400

32. Poon Handler says:

Yes, PLEASE release the Mac OS X version ASAP! I have been using the old version of desmume for Mac and it lags a lot when I use it. Hopefully this one will be better!

33. Pao says:

uhm dumb question… does this emulator have the “link” thingy… u know that link you to another emulator… example.. for pokemon trades/duels and such?

34. Nut says:

The wifi option is not available in this version as well as on the latest SVN R3946.
    Hope it will be re-added in the future SVN REVS.

35. Vynidual says:

Does anyone know when the MAC version will be released?

36. Eig says:

nice pokemon black is working well on this

37. AfaN says:

a question, the games run smooth, but when i try to increase the FPS with the “target fps up to…” button it doest get faster.
    do i something wrong or is it still in development.

38. wang says:

39. Spy says:

Mac users who are wanting to use this new release. You could just use wine from macports to run the windows version on mac. This is what I have been doing for a while and it works extremely well. From my measurements it is mayybe about 20% or so slower than on windows, but this hardly matters because most games run at a constant frame rate.

Good work desmume team!

40. Nut says:

“I am playing pokemon white on mac, I beat the league, but I cannot save it so I cannot go to the second world (I am using save stat to until now), how can I save a .dsv file? Or just how can I save the game? Thankyou”
    That’s a totally wrong idea of using save state.
    There is nothing you can do, you just have to start again. I rarely use save state, I use it when trying to catch a pokemon, but for normal gameplay I use in-game save and it work.

41. Uberdreww says:

i got pokemon black for this and every time i click a button it says what i clicked in the top left corner of the window can anyone help me with this?

42. Grandmama47 says:

i literally love all of your work…efforts you can really take pride in. Totally appreciate what you guys stand for.

43. AryaNusa says:

oh god….
    it’s very slow…

how i can meke it faster???

Please help me??!!

44. ruu_rouni says:

This is a great work guys, I’ve tried some games and its works better than the last version.
    But I have problem with Pokemon Black & White, Its works fine I can save and load smoothly, but I can’t get any EXP !!! any solutions???

45. Fan says:

Nice work desmume is the best nds emulator of all.When the new version come out.If you can please upgrade the speed but this is a very good emulator at all.When the 3D graphics come out?Will it can play 3DS games please reply.Five stars for desmume.

46. coolhot says:

its super slow in pokemon white/black how can i make it faster?

47. iamJAG says:

hey , pleasse help me with my problem , when i will start to open the rom for pokemonwhite , it then showed a message saying that my Windows Visual C++ Runtime Library had a Runtime error , so how can i fix this , help me please , thanks a lot :)

48. FanBoy says:

Mac versioooooooon…

When? Are you guys even focused? Or is desmume a weekend thong during the winter?

49. JiaJin says:

Mac version please! :)

50. FanGuy says:

was wondering if there was a way to make the game faster?
    for example in the VBA emulators u press SPACE and the game goes alot faster
    is something like that possible in this DeSmuMe?

ty