DeSmuME 0.9.4 released! Also OSX Universal.

This new release introduces lots of bug corrections, improvements and new features: among them are new save autodetection, new save file format and full rerecording support.

For those wondering about the missing 0.9.3 version, we somehow lost it ; it got captured by hunters that thought it was a new p*kem*n.

And also, the download page now links to an 0.9.4 OSX Universal binary.

269 Responses to “DeSmuME 0.9.4 released! Also OSX Universal.”

1. Evan says:

Did you put the new file on SourceForge yet?

2. Dhiego says:

^^….

3. Eevon says:

There are no 0.9.4 version on Sourceforge. Please, upload it.

4. admin says:

Yeah, there’s some problem with SourceForge, I’m working on it.

5. Pokefan999 says:

Can’t find binary for the official 0.9.4

6. admin says:

Problem with sourceforge is now fixed, download links are working.

7. Btard says:

Hm, it compiles with GCC 4.3.3 but fails with 4.4.0. Aliasing problem?

NDSSystem.cpp:895: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    NDSSystem.cpp:921: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    In file included from OGLRender.cpp:70:
    texcache.h:47: error: declaration of ‘u32 format’
    texcache.h:46: error: shadows template parm ‘TexCache_TexFormat format’
    make[2]: *** [OGLRender.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs….

8. shash says:

BTard: Please use the forums/bug tracker for this kind of reports, here isn’t the appropriate place :)

9. Nut says:

Thanks for the release! I was waiting for you guys for 2 month! Thank you!

10. darth says:

please post a mac binary…

11. Satisfaction says:

I had a feeling this whole week that the new version was about to come out! I was gonna say something but I didn’t wanna be totally off haha.

Great job guys! Keep up the awesome work.

12. Satisfaction says:

I tried out the new version and it seems great, but are the savestates really supposed be that big bulky white text on the emulator that literally gets in the way of the game?

I think the red font in the upper left corner was much better. It was small and out of the way.

Again, you guys did a great job. But I think I’m gonna stick to 0.9.2 because my games are running fine on that anyway, and the savestate appearance is more convenient.

13. Nut says:

Hey, I found another way to make the game runs faster on DeSmuMe. Actually, I found this long ago, sorry for not writing it. To make the game run faster, set the framerate to unlimited in the confic menu and set the frame skip to 9, and that’s it, now your game will run faster. If you think it’s too fast, then set the frame skip to 0. Note this works for me.

14. Satisfaction says:

Nut, this isn’t the place for that (for the last time…).
    We all already know how to make the game run faster.

You should try the forums! I don’t know why, but I just know you’ll enjoy it!

15. cado says:

Mac version plz?????

16. findingo101 says:

ok ok… if you “lost version 0.9.3″ then this one should be version 0.9.3, not 0.9.4

17. z says:

what you say makes no sense. if this was 0.9.3 then we would not have lost 0.9.3. you would be looking at it.

18. [...] July 9, 2009 at 8:25 pm DeSmuME is a DS emulator for Windows and DeSmuME MacOS. It does run a commercial games such as Super Mario 64 DS. For this release, they have formatted the list into a high level overview of big changes and bad [...]

19. Waqaar says:

Is the Wifi going to be enabled

and wen can we download it

20. shash says:

Waqaar: Whenever the implementation is done. Also, learn to write properly, just so we can read wtf you’re writing.

21. Nut says:

I think this version is very awesome. I can play Pokemon Diamond more enjoyable with less worrying about save state because in-game saving is now working well without changing save type like in the previous version. Thanks for the awesome work and keep it up!

22. marin says:

please post a mac binary..

23. XMSFel6 says:

lol 0.9.3 was caught by a pokemon trainer who thought it was a new pokemon….

Anyway nice work guys. It’s coming along well :)

24. Tenshin says:

WHERE IS THE MAC BINARY? If your releasing an emu for windows and MAC why are you only posting the windows binary?

25. zeromus says:

tenshin, i thought about making it today by borrowing someone’s mac (because all the mac programmers in the universe are busy making iphone games) but the opportunity to tell you that your capital comments were responsible for it getting delayed to another day was too much to resist.

26. darth says:

@zeromus: please don’t give up, there are many mac users out there who would be glad to get a mac binary without resolving to use caps in order to get their point across.

27. zeromus says:

Alright, there you go.

28. darth says:

@zeromus: thank you sir :-) ! silghtly confused tho.. ‘about’ window & the get info both state version 0.9.3.. is this the elusive version that got skipped over or just a small oversight?

29. william says:

this release it doesn´t work with the .sav archive only works with the .dsv archive. The 0.9.4 doesn´t load my saved game of pokemon platinum and final fantasy 4 you must don´t forget the sav’s function.
    what is the requeriments of winpcap for the emulator?

30. Carlos says:

Gracias!!

31. DwD says:

I’ll make it simple –> You rock guys !

32. Ivan says:

Gracias, the best DS emulator!….

33. Trogdor says:

Awesome. Thanks so much for the mac version :)

34. shash says:

william: There’s no requirement of winpcap neither any way to use it on desmume, so I don’t really know what you’re talking about.

35. Chris The Nerd says:

I downloaded the DMG file, which is labeled 0.9.4, but inside is version 0.9.3. just letting you all know.

36. nintendo1889 says:

Hey, I just downloaded 0.94 for Windows 7, right? Well, for a couple of days it would fine, right? Well, today (7/11/09) it will NOT show the menu, neither will it show the emulator screens itself! Heck, I can’t even see the games it loads, but I do hear the music from them! It’s like it’s invisible, even though I have the 186.18 nVidia drivers for my GTS 250. WTH is going on here?

37. shash says:

Chris: It’s 0.9.4, just probably someone forgot to update the number, the features are 0.9.4 level :)

38. zeromus says:

nintendo1889 whats going on is youre using a beta OS. good luck with that. reformat and try again.

39. Some dude says:

where is the download at?

40. XMSFel6 says:

@nintendo1889

It’s probably a driver bug for Win7, and desmume isn’t really extensively tested on Win7 either. Plus you’re probably using the Release Candidate/Beta builds which may still have bugs.

41. Nut says:

Yeah, probably. I’m using Windows XP Pro SP3 and I played with desmume 0.9.4 up to now, I had never encounter problem like that. So yeah probably it’s the bug with the windows.

42. Nut says:

I think the best way to solve that problem is re-format your computer and install Windows XP instead or re-download 0.9.4 again and put it in a different folders.

43. consoleclassix says:

To: nintendo1889

Oh really? I suggest Windows XP. I done collect all version of Nvidia Driver to keep for backup files. If not working, I can downgrade or upgrade anytime what affect to emulator or PC games. I keep eye on Nvidia every one month for new version and download file then keep it.

I heard someone say Windows XP SP3 have some bugger inside. Oh I see. Format Xp on hard drive again, again is not good. Just keep update for SP2 and don’t upgrade to SP3 until you feel to ready or not.

44. comandaben says:

Thanks for the awesome work so far guys, guess what is actually playable now… Jagged Alliance for DS! Now you can actually see the icons and whatnot for stylus interaction. This is great =D Arigatou gozaimaisu

45. Nut says:

For me, Windows XP Service pack 3 had no problem to me, only that it occurs to DeSmuMe 0.9.2, but not 0.9.4. I guess it has to do with the folder you’ve put in.

46. Leo83 says:

Cool… but howcome they’ve lost the 0.9.3 version???