DeSmuME v0.7.0 released!

Yes, it’s that time again. 3D emulation is the big thing for this release! Other important new features include *.duc support, sprite rotation/scaling. There was also a number of bug fixes. See the changelog file included with the packages for more details.

Special thanks to snkmad who’s been doing a lot of testing for us of late.

132 Responses to “DeSmuME v0.7.0 released!”

1. BuRningPhoenix says:

1st post. I hope this got faster fps rate

2. The Emulator still runs slow as the 0.6.0 one. o.o

3. RockmanForte says:

Yeah, it didnt say the speed increase. It says:

***Yes, it’s that time again. 3D emulation is the big thing for this release! Other important new features include *.duc support, sprite rotation/scaling.****

That’s great! keep up! :)

4. Mee says:

Really good, Thank you guys

5. Devil says:

A little bit slower, but the screen is great!

6. Devil says:

When will you fix Compatibility list

7. MA says:

Run binary-exe(WinXP SP2) and it displays “Unable to initialize openGL” and does’nt work …
    Why?!

8. DaemonForce says:

This build runs much better than the previous. Also, I see some 3D support in a few games. This is quite an improvement but still needs some work.

9. Andy says:

Woot. Thanks for your hard work!

@MasterOfHyrule
    He didn’t say anything about improving the speed drastically. They’re adding more features, and bug fixes so more games can work and look great.

10. VT Phantos says:

Hey, 3D. That works for me, as well as some new features. This is by far the best DS emulator I’ve ever tried. Its my favorite too. Keep up the good work.

11. Chin says:

instead of some 3d emulation….
    maybe can consident on FPS rate?

12. Sinister says:

In linux i get an error when trying to run Desmume:

“GTK Accessibility Module initialized
    Nbr of joysticks: 0

The program ‘desmume’ received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was ‘GLXBadContext’.
    (Details: serial 248 error_code 155 request_code 143 minor_code 5)
    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
    To debug your program, run it with the –sync command line
    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

I don’t know if its for my graphic card (intel 945gm) or because of the program.

13. [...] Link Download ubuntu deb Download tar.gz [...]

14. Cong says:

Application failed to initialize properly o_0

15. zhouxicai says:

ooo ye ye yeye …hoho I’M CHINESE I SUPPERT YOUR WORKS…

16. Pooper Scooper says:

Ignore the ingrates and keep up the good work. You guys rock like a landslide… of giant rocks… and possibly guitars.

17. Serio says:

Looking good, finally the blur is gone. Now, a shame the transparent color still isn’t masked unlike the screenshots on the blog, but it’s still an improvement.

18. Joss says:

Very nice release.

Excellent work on the 3D.

I can see a great improvement done to the emulation.

Keep up the good work!

19. TBLC says:

M sure, DeSmuME will be a perfect emu in the future.

20. MattHunX says:

Speed, I Need Speed!!! The Screen is good though!

21. NSAgent says:

Still can’t play [New Super Mario Bros EURO edition] :( I really wanna play this game with the EMU !!! when i loaded the .nds , the LOGO loaded, then I got a message:

“Can’t erase data, please turn off the power and re-insert the game card.”

We r close ! Keep going !

22. Benichon says:

This emulator doesn’t work at all. I have tested many roms with the other emulator but this DeSmuME v0.7.0 didn’t do anything. The only thing is the framerate and a white screen (superb) -_-. Ho i forget, i test it in Windows Vista but it should work with xp sp2 emulation but it doesn’t. I will test in my other computer with xp and say if it works or not.

But i can say GG to the 3D emulation it is hard to do. :)

23. Benichon says:

I test it with xp and it is the same problem. A white screen grrr.

24. Lukesky says:

Very nice improvements… but i’ve found bugs in Castlevania dawn of sorrows, in the second stage after “the little fight” the lower screen is all black but the save works..great..
    Into supermario partners in time the game locks at robot container when pressing start..the robot opens and desmume locks.. it’s possible fix these bugs..?

Luke

25. Zense says:

Did This release include the fixes shash made a little while ago which made new smb and Super Mario 64 DS run with perfect grfx?

26. VIVI says:

Sorry, but when it open, there is a message:” The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)”. I don’t understand …HELP ME. Because i love DESEMUME

27. Lukesky says:

In trauma center i can’t save it says attempt failed and the operation takes a lot of time to begin.. fix it pls

28. Musti says:

Hi,i have an error “Unable to initialize openGL” .Please help.I run on Amd 4600 X2 Vista 32 Bits.Directx10 installed.Thanks…Musti

29. 17v says:

Yay! I’ve waited so long. Good job! but the speed still needs improving…

30. Lukesky says:

The castlevania 2 run very nice but it locks into “first painting” passage when they exit from it desmume locks.. pls fix it..
    Bugs into Sprites they are surronded by false colors..

31. Germanspeaker says:

THANK YOU DESMUME-WORKERS!!!!!!!!!I’VE WAITED FOR MONTHS AN NOW THE MOMENT HAS CAME!!!!!!!!!!

32. Artest says:

Excellent
    waiting for 0.8.0

33. verizon12235 says:

# VIVI Says:
    May 12th, 2007 at 10:55 am

i get the same thing what is wrong the other emulators work fine but … this one can someone tell me why? i wanna try it

34. Trevor says:

you guys are good and right , pokemon diamond and pearl cant work with this new emuator because of a white screen =( but megaman zx looks better and much faster than before ;)

35. hans says:

thanks!

36. mingting says:

I have the same problem with “VIVI”

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)

My system:
    Mobile sempron K8 3300+(25W),RS482M,NV 6600(450/500),1G DDR(400)

win xp+sp1,dx9 2007 feb

37. zuhaib says:

when i open it, it says:
    the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). click on ok to terminate the application!!!!!!!???????
    WHAT DO I DO I WAS WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS EMULATOR AND IT DOSNT EVEN WORK IM SOOOO SAD PLZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!

38. Raik says:

oh…I have Aplication Failed. Please, help ;/

39. KoboldSlayer says:

Hi, I have the same problem as VIVI. When I double click it it opens a message: ” The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)”.

I’m running it in a pentium 4 2.4, 1 GB DDR RAM, Video Card 256M ATI Radeon 9600 with windows XP SP 1.

Thanks for your work. I’m waiting for your reply.

40. MattHunX says:

Trevor, I don’t know what kind of computer you’ve got, but on mine Mega Man ZX runs just as slow as it did with 0.6.0. ok maybe a little faster but I can hardly tell the difference.

41. coolbaby says:

i have some problems with the desmume 0.7.0
    when i execute it says (0xc0150002)

42. Trevor says:

hp pavillion labtop dv6000 series with windows vista

i can tell the difference its just the music that is sord of slow but not all the bad =)

i wish pokemon diamond can play with this new emulator though :( but it cant due to the white screen.

43. vanny says:

mine wont initialize same error as vivi help plz

44. luis says:

Congratulations. Thanks for the new realese

45. MrNoNothing says:

why i cant run desmemu 0.7.0 it says application error.. but
    in previosly desmemu it works.

46. Trevor says:

well it works for me

47. Hanno says:

Compile error:

c’ || echo ‘./’`callbacks_IO.c; \
    then mv -f “.deps/desmume_glade-callbacks_IO.Tpo” “.deps/desmume_glade-callbacks_IO.Po”; else rm -f “.deps/desmume_glade-callbacks_IO.Tpo”; exit 1; fi
    In file included from ../cflash.h:9,
    from globals.h:88,
    from callbacks_IO.h:23,
    from callbacks_IO.c:23:
    ../fat.h:80: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[3]‘
    ../fat.h:81: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[8]‘
    ../fat.h:84: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:86: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:89: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:98: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:99: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:100: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:102: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[11]‘
    ../fat.h:103: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[8]‘
    ../fat.h:105: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[448]‘
    ../fat.h:113: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[8]‘
    ../fat.h:114: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8[3]‘
    ../fat.h:115: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:116: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    ../fat.h:117: warning: ‘__packed__’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘u8′
    callbacks_IO.c:84: error: conflicting types for ‘init_GL’
    gdk_gl.h:39: error: previous declaration of ‘init_GL’ was here
    callbacks_IO.c:85: error: conflicting types for ‘reshape’
    gdk_gl.h:49: error: previous declaration of ‘reshape’ was here
    make[2]: *** [desmume_glade-callbacks_IO.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/desmume-0.7.0/src/gtk-glade’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/desmume-0.7.0/src’
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

48. Samuraikill says:

Hmm… So far it seems that only the Windows XP SP1(Service Pack 1) users are the ones getting the same problem as VIVI. I have Windows XP SP2 and it works fine for me. Maybe thats the problem.

49. Samuraikill says:

lol :) I meant that I have Windows XP Professional :)

50. Makubex says:

why this release cant play pokemon diamond??
    i really wanna play this game//